MVP Samaj’s College for Architecture Promotes Ragging Free Environment.
The institute has an Anti ragging Committee, as per the directions of Supreme Court of India/UGC regulation on curbing the menace of ragging in the higher educational institution, 2009 (No. F 1-16/2007(CPP-II) April, 2009; and Directives of Maharashtra prohibition of Anti-Ragging Act, 1999, (MAHARASHTRA ACT NO.XXXIII OF 1999).
“Ragging” constitutes of the following
As per the order of Honorable Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification form University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, Hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offenses, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Anti ragging Committee Role & Responsibilities
- To secure almost all areas in the college (i.e. canteen, parking places, different blocks, playgrounds etc.) and ensure that at least one faculty member is present at a particular time at all locations to avoid ragging.
- To conduct awareness programs on Anti – Ragging in the form of meetings and PPTs to the students, faculty staff & non-teaching staff.
- To conduct meetings whenever required and discuss relevant issues, with committee members.
- Displaying contacts of concerned committee members on notice boards in the premises and making students aware about the working mechanism of committee & procedure to register complaints.
Action taken / Punishment to those found guilty
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or event outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments.
- Debarring from appearing in any Mid-term test / University Examination.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits.
- To be suspended from the University for a period of three months.
- Expulsion from the University and also debarring from admission to any other institution throughout India.
- Entry in the character / Transfer Certificate regarding the punishment given for any Act if ragging.
- Complaint filed with the police leading to arrest.
Procedure for lodging complaint
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or Email to the respective committee incharge.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Send an email to the chairperson, Anti Ragging at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rest assured that your complaint will be kept CONFIDENTIAL.
Useful Reading Materials:
- SPPU – Anti Ragging Guidlines
- Maharashtra Prohibition Ragging Act 1999
- UGC – UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of ragging in HEI 2009
- The Hon’ble Supreme court order on ragging (2007)
FORMATION OF INSTITUTE LEVEL ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE AND ANTI RAGGING SQUAD
|SR. NO.||ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE MEMBER 2022-2023||DESIGNATION|
|1||Dr. Baste Prajakta Shailesh||Chairperson Of Committee Member|
|2||Prof.Suruchi Ranadive||Committee Member (B.Arch)|
|3||Mr. Jayram Gaikwad||Parent member|
|4||Mast.Ganesh Bhadange||Student Representative|
|5||Student Representative (First Year)|
|6||Mrs.Ishwari Sawant||Non Teaching Staff Member|
|7||Inspector, Gangapur Road Police Station||Police Member|
|8||MVP Media Center||Media|
|9||Mr. Nitin Paranjape – Abhivyakti Media For Development||Non Government Organization|
|10||Mr. Sandip Nathe||Co-ordinator|
|SR. NO.||ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE SQUAD 2021-2022||DESIGNATION|
|1||Prof. Arpita Bhatt||Chairperson Of Squad|
|2||Prof.Ankita Pathare||Faculty Member|
|3||Prof.Ashwini Bhusare||Faculty Member|